Email received from: www.internationalrivers.org
March 14 is quickly approaching! Plans for this year’s International Day of Action for Rivers are already in motion. Events range from a river clean-up and ecology workshop in South Africa, a concert in the UK, and a demonstration and rafting event in Chile. Actions are planned around the world in countries including Portugal, Egypt, India, Bangladesh, Pakistan and Macedonia.
In order to make it easier to tell us about your events, we now have an online submission form! Please follow the link to tell us about your events – http://bit.ly/DayofAction4Rivers2014.
This year, we are asking partners to participate in a photo project called Rivers Are in Our Hands. We invite you to submit a photo with a message written on your palm with the hashtag #RiversUniteUs. Please encourage your friends, family and community to join in and spread the word – let’s make it a truly global event! Submit your photos to [email protected]. On March 14 we will release a slide show with everyone’s submissions.
Here are a few other ways to get involved:
* Organize a river clean-up, film screening, kayaking event, ceremony or community walk along a river
* Take to the streets and protest a destructive project threatening a river you love, or hold an event to educate your community about the benefits of truly sustainable energy
* Start a letter writing campaign asking your government to protect your river
* Take a picture with a message on your palm with the hashtag #RiversUniteUs
* Like us on Facebook to engage with other events happening around the world
As always, feel free to contact us at [email protected] and happy planning!
2150Allston Way, Suite 300, Berkeley, CA 94704, USA
posted by: Abbas Mohammadi